Uterine Artery Embolization
Fibroid Treatment Without Surgery Using Uterine Artery Embolization (UAE).
What exactly is uterine artery embolism?
Uterine artery embolization (UAE) is a minimally invasive, uterus-sparing treatment that can be used instead of surgery for women suffering from fibroids or adenomyosis.
Concerning the Procedure
• It is a one-day outpatient treatment conducted by an interventional radiologist (IR) who specialises in blood vessel imaging.
• A small incision in the wrist or groyne is required for the surgery. A tiny catheter is directed into the vessels that give blood to the fibroid via the incision and imaging.
• The microspheres are then introduced into the channel, where they block the targeted arteries and deprive the fibroid of blood flow.
• The fibroids’ size will then diminish. The symptoms, such as bleeding pressure and discomfort, have significantly improved, as has the size of the fibroids.
The technique is appropriate for single or numerous fibroids, as well as big fibroids.
What are the benefits of using the UAE procedure?
• A brief hospitalisation
• Return to normalcy and quick healing
• The uterus has been maintained.
• As a result of the dramatic reduction in symptoms, the quality of life improves.
• The fibroids seldom grow back after therapy.
We present the patient with a menu of options and assist them in determining the optimal course of therapy. We also refer them to an interventional radiologist if necessary.